09 May Tips and tricks to sell your home FAST!
Choose the best time to sell!
Before you put up a ‘For sale’ sign outside your front door, spend some time studying the market. It will boost your chances of selling your property quickly if you put it on the market when buyer demand is high.
Spring is a fairly good time to sell, the market tends to be busy around this time of year since the weather is better, possible sunshine will boost appeal of your home. In addition to this some families try to buy homes at the end of the school year.
Find a good estate agent to provide advice and help!
A good estate agent will be able to help you secure an easy and swift sale. Selling a property takes time, knowledge of the neighbourhood and negotiating skills.
When you are choosing an estate agent to sell your house, find out as much as you can!
- do they charge?
- What is their commission rate?
- What type of contract do they offer? Sole agency, sole selling, joint agency or multiple agency?
- What price tag do they recommend for your property?
Top tips to prepare your house for sale!
- It’s time to clear out all the clutter that has built up while you have been living at your property.
- Don’t let toys, large pieces of equipment and furniture block windows, doors or traffic flows.
- You should also clear up all the coats in the hallway.
- Clear the surfaces in your kitchen, pack away appliances, equipment and other kitchenware, remove dirty dish clothes and sponges, rubbish, and remove evidence of problems, such as ants.
- Remove grime that has built up and aerate the room to remove cooking smells.
- Pack away clothes and extra bed linen.
- Change the bed sheets.
Promote the neighbourhood!
. Points to consider highlighting include when you have a potential buyer:
- Transport links
- Schools and public services